Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2012

MAC Beth Ditto or the big disappointment

Today I went to MAC out to check out their newest collections including the Beth Ditto collection, which I was quite excited about. Miss Ditto is an admirable artist and a fashion icon. So I had high hopes for this collaboration.

Honestly I was completely disappointed by this collection. The Powder to the people polka dotted product that I wanted to get looks beautiful in the pan but the individual colours are very sheer. There is no chance in swiping all colours together because you will get an ugly brownish mess out of it. The double ended Eyeproduct thing-ies might work for some of you but I was afraid that they will dry out quickly. The nailpoloshes were all gorgeous but I'm currently on a nailpolish buying ban unfortunatly. What I liked were the lip products. MAC's Pro Longwear formula works very well, the application is very easy and creamy and the colour payoff is great.

Why am I disappointed? I expected a collection with a little more Rock N' Roll feeling to it. The polka dots are great but that stands out or screams Beth Ditto in my face. There are way better products in the permanent MAC range than in this collection.


I ended up getting the hot pink lipstick Dear Diary and the matching lipliner Embrace Me. The Pro Longwear lipsticks by MAC are of good quality, they last long and are very creamy (means don't dry out my lips). Hot pink is a great colour for summer and worn with a 50's eyeliner definity make a statement.


Here are swatches of both products on MAC NC 15 skin.


What cought my eye at the MAC store was the Casual Colour collection. When I first read about it I was yawning. Lip/Cheek products - how boring! But these cream products are worth a (second) look.


The colours are very creamy and I like them better then the Creamblend Blushes or the regular Cream Blushes by MAC. The reason why is simple as that: they melt to the skin and leave a natural softly dewy finish to the skin. When it comes to everyday makeup I want foundation/blush/highlighter/powder to actually look like skin not like cakey makeup. I mentioned this a hundred times before (and maybe you are yawning now) I suffer from facial erythrosis, so I put on foundation and blush almost every day. Some people don't recognize that I am wearing makeup at all because I keep my everyday makeup as natural as possible. So I'm constantly searching for products that make my artifictial makeup skin look like skin (if that makes any sence at all).


I purchased five colours (and bluntly I am thinking about getting the rest of the colours too). From left to right: Keep it loose, Have a lovely day!, Relaxation, Weekend getaway ( I wish I could apply it and magically get a weekend getaway), Out for fun (which is s better version of Bobby Brown's Calypso Coral).
These products can be used on cheeks and lips, which make them perfect for work because I can throw them in my handbag and touch up as needed.

Hopefully this was helpful and excuse my rambling.

Kommentare:

  1. also du magst die Sachen aus der Casual Colors, ja? :D
    Hab schon die ganze Zeit hin und her überlegt ob ich mir was kaufen soll oder nicht... welchen Blush findest du denn am natürlichsten?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. ich schwanke zwischen keep it loose (weil du sehr hell bist) und have a lovely day (der ist echt neutral), würde aber zum ersten raten, weil du den auch wunderbar auf den lippen verwenden kannst.

      Löschen
  2. Ich fand aus der Ditto LE den Puder ganz cool von der Optik her, aber beim Testen - ohje!
    Ich habe auch nichts mitgenommen; wirklich schade.

    Herzliche Grüße.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. und nur zum anschauen ist mir der puder dann auch zu schade, deswegen habe ich ihn nicht gekauft.
      den lippenstift werde ich sicher öfters verwenden.

      Löschen
  3. Ich habe nix gekauft..ich bin echt enttäuscht! Dazu alleine das Puder! Boah! soooo teuer! ne ne ne...voll übertrieben!
    Liebste Grüße & schönen Abend
    Bussi

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. den preis habe ich mir gar nicht angeschaut, weil ich mir dachte: nein, so nicht!
      schön, dass du meine meinung teilst.
      dir auch einen wunderschönen abend, Karo!

      Löschen
  4. hey ^^

    ich verfolge jetzt deinen blog
    sieht echt toll hier :)
    schau doch auch mal bei mir vorbei

    lg

    Alisia

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Ich finde die Beth Dito LE furchtbar aber ich werde auch ganz sicher bei den casual colour zuschlagen! Danke für den tollen post Lilly!
    xo
    K.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. mir ist sie zu pastellig, ich hatte etwas rockigeres erwartet. die casual colour hat mich sehr positiv überrascht, die produkte sind auch wirklich alltagstauglich.

      Löschen
  6. die beth ditto le ist die erste collection wo ich mal gar nix gekauft habe! ( kannst du dir das vorstellen!?*g )
    finde du hast recht, da hätte man sich echt was richtig geiles überlegen können, es kommt einem so vor, als hätte man sich kaum gedanken gemacht und einfach so was hingeklatscht

    die casual color schaue ich mir auf jeden fall mal an, ich befürchte nur ich mag es nicht auf den wangen, weil man da ziemlich glänzt wie ich finde.....
    aber die farben sind wirklich alle toll!

    liebe grüsse

    AntwortenLöschen