Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2012

May 2012 Favorites

May was a wonderful month with some long weekends and a lot of sunshine. As summer comes along I downsize the amount of makeup products I put on my face to prevent makeup meltdown. So here are my monthly favorites for May.

I rediscovered Manhattans's Soft Mat Lipcream and wore them with chapstick on top to work. They last very well and come in a great variety of colors. When I wanted a bolder lip I wore one of MAC's Pro Longwear Lip Pencils and Dior's Lucky on top.

MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil Throw me a line! Manhattan Soft Mat Lipcream 56K and 53M and Dior Addict Extreme Lucky lipstick

This month I liked all the products by Soap and Glory that can be purchased now at the Austrian Douglas stores. For a little glimmer and glow I enjoyed using the Glow Lotion, that has a fabulous smell to it. And I did something that I've never done before, I ordered a perfume online via Amazon that I did not try before. I was pleasantly surprised with Stella Mc Cartney's Summer Rose which I've been wearing nonstop since I got it.

 Soap and Glory Glow Lotion and Stella Mc Cartney Summer Rose Perfume

As you might know from my 'Immer wieder sonntags ...' postings I ordered a bunch of Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blushes. These blushes are amazing! This month's favorite is passion, which is is peach color with a little bit of shimmer in it. As well I liked the new MAC blushes that came out with the Hey Sailor! collection in the beginning of the month. I combine both to get the color I like best.

From left to right: MAC Fleet Fast, Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush Passion, MAC Launch Away!

Recently I've been quite lazy when it comes to using eyeshadows. I prefer sleeping longer and having a coffee or a tea at home rather than applying eyemakeup. So I reached for neutral tones with a little bit of shimmer this month, like MAC's Jaunty or RBR's Firetailed Sunbird. It's so sad that RBR left the Austrian/German market, I really love their eyeshadows.

MAC Eyeshadow Jaunty and RBR Eyeshadow Firetailed Sunbird

This month I've been painting my nails like crazy. The reason for it is my new base coat by Butter London. It evens out the ridges of the nails and the colourful polish appplied on top lasts up to 5 days. As well as last month I've been using Estée Lauder's Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator under my makeup which gives me a nice glow.

Butter London Nail Foundation and Estée Lauder's Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

I love statement jewelery so I ordered some rings at nelly.at.

Wearing all my favorite rings at once.

Next month I am looking forward to Vienna's 2nd Beauty Flea Market and my Dad's birthday.

Kommentare:

  1. Schönes Posting Lillith! Die Mat Lipcreams muss ich mir nun doch auch mal ansehen.
    Die Ringe sind cool; besonders der am Mittelfinger <3.

    Herzliche Grüße.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. der ring ist von nelly, vielleicht findest du den da noch.

      Löschen
  2. Oh i thought about getting Estée Lauder's Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator...:-) great faves!
    xo
    K.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. If you plan on getting it, wait for one of those -20% 'aktionen' at müller or douglas.

      Löschen