Freitag, 27. April 2012

MAC Hey Sailor! Haul

Let me show you what I purchased from the MAC Hey Sailor! collection. This collection is totally to my liking and I could have picked up the whole collection, but I was a good girl and bought ony a couple of things.

The special packaging is so cute, I love the white and navy stripes.


When I saw the first promotional pictures on the internet I knew that I will end up buying the highlighter and the blushes. It surprised me that I bought a bronzer as well. You know me, I'm pale, very very pale and my skin-colour and bronzers do not fit together. But I love the Pro Longwear Products and the design so I gave in and bought a bronzer. I will see how this one will work for me.


The eyeshadows did not impress me regarding the pictures online, I did not get the buzz about the green eyeshadow and why everyone was raving about it. When I swatched them I did like the gold one, the navy one and the brown/beige one very much because they were decently pigmented. Of course I tried the green eyeshadow as well which was a disappointment deluxe. It went on sheer and had a chalky consistency, I did not like it at all. The colour was pretty but the product itself did not convince me.

On to the product pictures. I tried to get them on my blog as soon as possible so that you can see what the products look like IRL. I will add good-quality swatches later for these pictures were taken with my chipmunk-cam.


These are the blushes: On the left side Launch Away! and on the right side of the picture Fleet Fast. Launch Away is a beautiful blush for light to medium skin-tones. I read that Fleet Fast was a great contouring shade. IMO it's way too red for contouring but it is nice coloured blush.


I purchased Sun Dipped Bronzer which goes on smootly and does not turn orange on the skin. The highlighter Crew has overspray which turns it pink in the beginning but beneath the stripes is a gorgeous highlighter colours even for pale skinned beauties.


From left to right: Jaunty, Barefoot and Nautical Navy
All of these eyeshadows are well pigmented, Barefoot is my favorite. I do not gravitate towards gold eyeshadows but Barefoot is special and it looks so good when combined with Nautical Navy.


Last but not least the lip products. I', not the kind of girl who wears nude lipstick so I did not even swatch the nude colour in this collection. I liked both red lipsticks but decided to buy Red Racer and the matching lip pencil in Throw me a line!. For my latest corally-toned lipsticks that I bought on Woman's day I needed a lipliner so Shore Leave was purchased as well.

Overall I have to admit that I really like the whole collection and the packaging, maybe I will get the other red lipstick as well (not sure about that yet).

Hopefully these pictures were helpful!

Kommentare:

  1. Red Racer steht auch ganz oben auf meiner Wunschliste!

    Liebe Grüße!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. der steht dir bestimmt ausgezeichnet, eine gute wahl!

      Löschen
  2. toller haul - hoffe ich erwische morgen alles was ich auf meiner wishlist hab. das packaging ist so cool :) LG

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. ich drücke dir fest die daumen, dass du alles bekommst, was du möchtest.

      Löschen
  3. I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I am following you now,if you can nor find me on your follower list,please,leave comment on my "Quick post"where I wrote about that problem I have with blogger,and as soon as they fix it,I will follow you.I will be honored if you come visit my blog and follow it if you like it :) have a nice day
    http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Weißt du welches Rot bzw. welche Produkte die blonden Maccinen auf deinen Bildern tragen? :-)
    Und kannst du dir, wo du die Produkte ja jetzt kennst, erklären wie die Lippenfarbe beim Model vom Promobild zustande kommt?

    Oh man, ich wünschte es wäre Mittwoch Mittag, was ein toller Haul!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. sail la vie, bei dem lippenstift überlege ich noch ob ich ihn auch kaufen werde.
      das model trägt meiner meinung nach den throw me a line! lipliner, den red racer lippenstift und den send me sailing lipgloss.
      hoffentlich vergeht die zeit schnell und du kannst deine wunsch-produkte bald kaufen.

      Löschen
    2. Danke dir, das hilft mir immens weiter!
      Die Produkte sind bei Douglas.at schon zu finden - in den jeweiligen Kategorien - und auch schon bestellbar, falls das jemandem etwas hilft!

      Löschen
    3. das ist ja toll, danke für den tipp!

      Löschen
  5. wow! der Highlighter *sabber* *sabber*
    Liebste grüße & einen schönen Abend :)
    Bussi

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. wenn dir der higlighter gefällt, warte auf mein blog-geburtstags-gewinnspiel nächste woche liebe karo! ;-)

      Löschen
  6. Ich wusste gar nicht dass die Kollektion schon erhältlich ist.
    Aus welchem Store hast du denn die Sachen?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. ich war letzten donnerstag auf der preview night im store in der scs vösendorf. bitte rufe an, wann das offizielle release-datum ist, ich weiß das nicht zu 100% sicher.

      Löschen
  7. somehow douglas.at has everything super early, they got the hey sailor last week tuesday!!!
    the collection is nice but there is nothing that jumps right into my eye, i think i will skip this one and save money for the upcoming ones.
    thanks for the review.
    xo
    K.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I have no clue how douglas does this but you're right: the have everything super early. ordering online is no option for me, I have this strange habit that I NEED to swatch everything before I buy it. that's weird isn't it?

      Löschen