Montag, 30. April 2012

April 2012 Favorites

These are my monthly favorites for the month of April 2012. A lot of things changed for me in April, regarding colour preferations and tools for applying my foundation on a daily basis.

I used my Beautyblender since I got it two years back and repurchased it twice because I used and loved it so much. When I brought back my whole brush collection from the mvong box I rediscovered my Sephora Mineral Powder brush and used it from this day on frequently for foundation application. This brush works so well with the tinted moisturizer by Clinique, it's amazing!
Due to Woman-Day I was able to purchase a few goodies 20% off at local perfumeries like Müller and Douglas, so I splurged and got the Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator. It works magic! Applied under the tinted moisturizer my skin looks like I've been on vacation in Italy or southern France for the weekend. Also I gave in and bought two Armani Products, a corrector and a concealer. This concealer is seriously the best one I've tried so far.


Face:
  • Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator
  • Sephora Professionell Mineral Powder Brush (used as foundation brush)
  • Guerlain Terracotta Blush 02 Summer Pink
  • Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer shade 01
  • Armani Corrector and Concealer  
As I worked a lot in April my eye makeup was rather simple and classic. I enjoyed using MAC's Extra Dimension Eyeshadow in Sweet Heat for it makes my blue eyes pop instantly. The Artdeco eyeshadow which was part of Apri's Glossybox brought back my love for the brand in general and I used it as a highlighter for my browbobe and my whole face.
The NYX Long & Full Mascara was sitting in my bathroom for a while before I started using it. I regret letting it sit there for so long because it is a decent mascara, which conditions the lashes as well.

Eyes:
  • MAC Extra Dimension Eyeshadow Sweet Heat
  • Artdeco Eyeshadow Nude Beige (which I used as a allover highlighter for my face as well)
  • NYX Long & Full Lash Mascara Black 
I was a very bad girl and bought some more Dior products this month. The new Dior Additct Extreme lipsticks are amazing and (honestly) I plan on purchasing some more.

Lips:

  • Dior Addict Extreme Lucky
  • Dior Addict Extreme Riviera

 In April I discovered that I don't hate the colour orange as much as I thought. I started with a very inexpensive nailpolish by Catrice and ended up loving Essie's Orange it's Obvious so much that I am wearing it on my nails and toes right now. In addition to that I loved SpaRituals Hidden Reef nailpolish, for it is business-appropriate but has a very nixe golden shimmer.
For perfume I enjoyed Jo Malone's English Pear and Fresia Perfume which my friend Nyota gave me as a birthday present in March.

Nailpolish and Perfume:

  • Jo Malone English Pear & Fresia 
  • Essie Orange it's obvious
  • SpaRitual Hidden Reef


Next month I'm looking forward to long and sunny weekends, my friend Gabi's birthday and her upcoming housewarming-party as well as finishing my garden project.

Kommentare:

  1. Wundervolle Favoriten :)
    Der essie Nagellack ist super <3
    Liebste Grüße & einen schönen Montag!
    Bussi

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. danke dir! kennst du eig. die lacke von sparitual? ich finde die nämlich echt klasse.
      dir auch liebe grüße und einen schönen abend!

      Löschen
  2. Love it <3!!! Great blog, very cute!! Visit my blog and if you like it to follow me on google friends and I will be happy to follow you back <3
    Xoxo
    LA MODE OUI C'EST MOI
    FACEBOOK
    BLOGLOVIN
    TWITTER

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. thank you, I'm following you now via GFC.

      Löschen
  3. Hy!
    Schön wieder Kommentare zu bekommen! ^^
    Der Film hat mir gut gefallen, vor allem weil er sich nicht zu ernst nimmt!
    Er ist süß und lustig, spielt mit Klischees und hat mich am Ende sogar überrascht!
    Und es ist alles so schon bunt!!! Wahnsinn!
    Macht richtig gute Laune der Film! ^^

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. ich habe die vorschau gesehen und fand julia roberts grandios. jetzt muss ich nur noch jemanden finden, der mit mir ins kino geht. ev. die kleine meiner freundin ...

      Löschen
  4. Alle schwärmen ja von diesem Armaniduo - ich fürchte ich kann da nicht mehr lange dran vorbei gehen. ;-)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. ich habe schon einige concealer getestet, aber keines hat mich so umgehauen, wie dieses.

      Löschen
  5. ich liebe die dior addict lippenstife
    xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Beautiful products!!! nice blog!!
    Take a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    AntwortenLöschen