Samstag, 3. März 2012

Living out of a makup box or February 2012 favourites

This is not the typical February favourites post you might expect, this is a factual report of a beauty addict who was forced to put makeup for one entire month in a box and live with it.
As you all know by now my husband and I moved into our new house in February and this month was very exhausting and filled with a lot of physical work. At the beginning of the month my husband told me that my vanity area will be disassembled and transferred to the cellar of the new house and I had to chose all the makeup and brushes that I would need for the following month at once. First of all I thought 'No big deal!' but when I started deciding I freaked out. My husband handed me an empty shoe box for my makeup and I asked myself: 'How will all the makeup that I need on a daily basis fit in this tiny box?'

Not only the whole makeup went in this box, my jewellery had to fit in there as well. That fact made it quite a challenge but I managed to find a way out. As you can see on the picture below I did not pack any lip products and put them in a separate beauty bag in my handbag. So I had more room for the other items.
First of all I wanted to pack just one eyeshadow palette but this was impossible. I chose one highlighter (Guerlains Cruel Gardenia) and bought a Givenchy highlighter in the middle of the month. Thank you so much Rose from A rotten cave for telling me about this product!

These are the makeup items that I packed for one month. I did my makeup almost every day and never looked the same.

So this is my beauty survival kit:

  • both UD naked palettes
  • MUFE Invisible Powder
  • MAC Painterly Paintpot and UDPP
  • MAC Eyeshadow Showstopper for my eyebrows
  • Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush Cherub
  • MAC Studio Moisture Tint Light
  • MAC Lash Curlers (not pictured)
  • Dior Diorshow Iconic Mascara
  • MUFE 4 Eyeshadows palette
  • MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW 15
  • Guerlain Cruel Gardenia
  • Givenchy Le Prisme Light Silk

People with no makeup obsession might not understand this but this was the hardest month of my entire life as a makeup junkie. I survived and today I am going to bring all my makeup back to my boudoir and enjoy the variety of different shades and textures. You will find me on the floor in the middle of a ton of makeup indulging every single shade of red that I own.

Kommentare:

  1. Wow ,eine sehr schöne Auswahl hast du da getroffen :) ,jetzt würden mich die Lippenprodukte die du dazu gewählt hast ebenfalls interessieren :))

    LG :*

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. ich schreibe dir eine ergänzung dazu, erwarte aber nichts spektakuläres, es sind nur basics.

      Löschen
  2. omg i doubt i could manage to do this for an entire month!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. this month showed me that I definitely could survive with just 2 neutral pallets, but what's the fun in wearing neutrals every day anyway? ;-)

      Löschen
  3. oha, ich habs geschafft dich auch mal anzufixen :D
    *stolz*
    Das muss tierisch hart sein einen ganzen Monat mit so wenig auszukommen. Zwar durchaus machbar, wenn man grade mal keine Lust auf viel Abwechslung hat, aber wenn man gezwungen ist das so zu machen ist das sicher nicht so schön :/

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. muss auch mal sein ;-)
      ich hab am samstag gesehen, dass meine haus-parfumerie jetzt auch givenchy hat *haare rauf*. jetzt muss ich mich total beherrschen nicht noch mehr zu kaufen.

      Löschen
    2. heheh wenn ich dir jetzt sage, dass die Puder ganz allgemein alle ganz toll sind und du dir die unbedingt anschauen musst ist das richtig richtig böse, oder? :D

      Löschen
  4. Aww, that is SO cute and perfectly understandable. ♥

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. some people think that I'm crazy but I suffered the last month. so I have to pamper myself and enjoy my whole collection again.

      Löschen
  5. *lol* your life in a box sozusagen! :-) finde ich irgendwie cool, so bemüht man sich, aus wenigen Produkten verschiedene Looks zu zaubern! aber ich verstehe dich voll, danach schöpft man mit Freude wieder aus dem Vollen!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. oder besser noch 'in a nutshell' ;-). es war eine erfahrung, die ich ohne den umzug wahrscheinlich nie gemacht hätte. allerdings muss ich feststellen, dass es nach einem monat dann echt reicht und ich jetzt gerne wieder aus den vollen schöpfe.

      Löschen
  6. Du Arme, ich kann mir vorstellen, dass das ein super-stressiger Monat war. :-(

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. furchtbar war's, ned nur makeuptechnisch. umziehen ist kein spass. ich hoffe ich muss das nie wieder machen.

      Löschen
  7. Ich habe dich mal kackendreist gestöckchent ;)
    http://zeitzeugin.net/2012/03/fragen-keine-weitermachen/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=fragen-keine-weitermachen

    Sehr tragische Geschichte, btw., gut, dass du es überstanden hast!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. *aua* natürlich werde ich den TAG sofort beantworten.

      Löschen