Sonntag, 15. Januar 2012

The joy of personal shopping

Personal shopping is great: You give somebody a list of products and some cash and they provide you with products that are not available at your country. The lovely Jenny from inyourface (please check out her blog if you haven't by now) went to NYC and brought me back a Sephora goddie bag.

I asked for two things that are not available in Austria: First a backup of my trusty Clinique Brush on Cream Liner in black, which is my holy grail of gel eyeliner. And second one of Tarte's Amazonian Clay blushes. The colour of my choice was Exposed which made Jenny a hunts(wo)man in NYC. She visited 5 or more Sephoras to track it down and bring it home to me.

Exposed is a nude blush colour which reminds me a lot of NARS Penny Lane blush or my beloved Stunner blush by MAC. The Amazonian Clay Blushes come in many beautiful colours but I was not sure if my skin would react allergical to them so I asked just for one to try them out.
This is what the packaging looks like: nothing fancy but the blush inside counts.

The compact has a mirror inside, which is quite convenient for me because I take my blushes with me to work for touch ups. The blush has the Amazon river on it which I find quite cute.

I used the blush amost every day since I got it and thank God, there was no bad reaction to it. The colour payoff is quite decent and the product can be sheered out easily.
As I am very pleased with my purchase I plan on getting another springtime colour soon.

This is a picture of the Clinique Brush on Liner pot. I've gone through 3 of them now and I will always repurchase this product because it is my go-to gel liner. It is smooth and more liquid than let's say MAC's Blacktrack which makes it easier to work with for me (I'm a gothic girl and used to liquid eyeliner). Hopefully Clinique will bring the Brush on Cream Liner to Austria in addition to their permanent line soon, I'm looking forward to that.

Again I want to thank Jenny for acting as my personal shopper, I am very greatful for these products!
Have you experienced the joy of personal shopping? Or have you shopped personally for someone else?

Kommentare:

  1. tolle sache, so ein personal shopper :D
    viel spaß mit den schönen sachen!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. @ dawns world: ich finde das auch super, dass jenny so lieb war mit die sachen zu besorgen. ist ja nicht selbstverständlich. ;-)
    danke, mit dem blush habe ich mich schon vergnügt.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Ich finde das Blush sehr bezaubernd...sieht wirklich ein bisschen aus wie MAC Blush Stunner, das hab ich aber leider nicht. War schnell ausverkauft. Was Geleyeliner angeht, da bin ich nicht so wählerisch..irgendwie versuch ich bei solchen Bascis in der Drogerie zu bleiben, der von Catrice ist nämlich wirklich nicht schlecht (:

    Für mich hat noch niemand was im Sephora eingekauft, leider, ich kenne auch niemanden^^

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. @ mel eyre: die geleyeliner von catrice konnte ich noch nicht testen, weil bei mir in der provinz leider jeder davon angegrabbelt ist :( und ich kaufe keine produkte, in denen andere leute schon ihre (ungewaschenen) finger hatten. *bäh*

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. oh das blush ist soooo schön! habe ich schon bei temptalia bewundert

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, den Exposed bin ich dir voll neidig!!! :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Freut mich, dass es sich gelohnt hat :D Ich finde, dass in der Beauty community generell viele nette Leute sind (oder wir sind einfach alle mitfühlende, verzweifelte Junkies, die genau wissen, wie es ist, wenn man etwas unbedingt haben will, aber gerade im falschen Land sitzt lol). LG

    AntwortenLöschen