Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2011

MAC Bloggers Obsession

MAC's Bloggers Obsession collection caught my attention when I first read about it. Famous bloggers got the chance to develop their own eyeshadow or lipgloss in cooperation with MAC. Sadly this collection was only sold online in the USA and Canada. Luckily I could get my hands on some of the products which I want to present to you now.

I ordered my eyeshadow and my lipgloss from Hana aka MadaboutMAC. This was my first order and I was pleasantly surprised that everything worked out just fine. Hana was very friendly, I payed via Paypal and recieved my goods in perfect condition.

The collection contains four eyeshadows and 5 lipglosses, if you want to read more about it please check Temptalia's blog for further details. Each item was designed by a beauty blogger and they did a fabulous job.

I passed on Temptalia's Jealously Weakes which was the best selling item of this collection. So I picekd Hocus Pocus eyeshadow because I thought it would be peferct for a smokey eye and the name is just wicked and Parisian Skies eyeshadow because I'm madly in love with Paris and the shade is the perfect mixture between blue and grey. First of all I did not want to buy any lip products because I own a ton of lipgloss and I will never be able to use it up in this life even if I try very hard. But then I saw swatches of Nitro:licious 2046 and fell in love - truely, madly, deeply.

Hopefully MAC will do a Bloggers Obsession collection in collaboration with European bloggers too or at least relaunch the items in Europe with another collection in the future. This collection is a tribute to beauty bloggers who spend so much time on reviewing products and helping us to decide what to get (at least they help me deciding) and I think it's a good way to say 'thank you' to them.

Kommentare:

  1. I'd buy a product you designed Lilly :)
    I wish I had tracked down some of these while I had the chance. I have to say, even though it was the most popular, Jealousy Wakes did look lovely. That grey blue, Parisian Skies, looks very interesting, too! x

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. @ ruthy: thank you! but bluntly speaking I'm not as famous as Temptalia so mac will not ask me to create an eyeshadow or a lipgloss. in addition to that I have no clue what shade I would design if the asked me. ;-)
    mac repromotes collection items regularly, so *fingers crossed* you might be able to get some of the items in the future.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. das klingt aber interessant...

    hab auch letzte woche bei hana bestellt... ich hoffe das alles gut geht, ich hab in den letzten tagen sooooviel schlechtes gelesen von ihr... aber bei war sie total nett (:

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. @ mel eyre: das war meine erste bestellung bei ihr und ich war zu 100% zufrieden. mehr kann ich dazu nicht sagen. ich drücke dir die hufe, dass du alles bekommst, was du bestellt hast.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. if they did that, and I would get to create a product, I would call it "barely bärli", *rofl*

    AntwortenLöschen